So much more than results.

Raven and her Dad. 





I am so proud of my daughter Raven . She once said to me that she had no room in her life for racism, homophobia and sexism.
She is non-judgmental. She thinks about other people’s point of view and cares deeply about her friends. I believe she is a good friend.

As a daughter she has taught me that I am not always as open minded as I think I am. She constantly checks me when I am being a little old and judgmental. Like many other young people Raven has battled with issues like self-harm, panic attacks, and low self-esteem. She has found her way though it by working hard with C.A.H.M.S and attending  counseling meetings. She has learned how to look at herself and care for herself and at the same time gained a deeper insight and empathy for others.  

I am so proud of her because she alone could make the decision whether to have surgery for scoliosis on her back. She made the decision at 14 had the surgery at 16 and recovered well.

I am proud of Raven and in awe of her when I think of the way that she has dealt with tragedy,especially visiting her father in hospital, two years ago today. She saw him just before he died from cirrhosis of the liver.


 I love how she keeps a tin in her room that still smells of his stale tobacco and how she kept the £10.00 cheque that he sent her once for her birthday. She didn't cash it because she knew he wouldn’t have the money. I love her long legs because that remind me of her very tall father.

I am so thankful for our child. I love her beautiful hands and her long fingers. The fingers that we call guitar players fingers, even though she never learned to play a guitar.

I love it when she reads me her stories and poems and reads me parts of the books she is reading.
I love when we watch a drama on TV together and drink tea .
 
I am so proud of the way Raven and her friends joined together recently to support each other and try to cope with the tragic death of a much loved  friend. I am proud of what she has done so far in the world and who she has become. I hope she always manages to keep her beautiful open mind and her big kind heart.  
 Today was A.S and A level results day and yes I am proud that Raven did well. But my daughter and all  of our children are so much more than their school results.
     

Comments