#My 99p Summer Challenge

This summer it feels like I have been feeding the five hundred,Raven my fifteen year old has been home for eight weeks along with a menagerie of her friend's It's been quite shocking how fast a few teenagers can empty a fridge.



Luckily I was sent £10.00 in vouchers to spend in the 99p shop and a challenge to spend it creatively and blog about it. On my first trip I bought a pack of O2 cookies, twenty mini flower pots and a tin of coconut milk.



I started by making the O2 cookie soil



All you have to do is split the cookies apart with a knife, scrape out the centre and then blend the cookies in a food processor. If you don't have a food processor, you can put them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.


I blended the coconut milk with banana's. Since it was an experiment I added a tsp of vanilla and some frozen blueberries to half the mix. To  the other half I added rosewater and blueberries. I put them in the freezer for a couple of hours and then carefully removed them from the pot,then I rolled half of them in the O2 soil and left the other half plain. I wanted some of them to be a healthier option.  
A couple of hours later they were perfect ! 

                                                  


                                       



1 pack of O2 cookies makes a big jar of soil it's also perfect on French Toast, Pancakes,or in Smoothies  

                          
 




On my second visit to the 99p shop I bought some nut-city chocolate spread. A loaf of white bread,A pack of grow your own beets with mini-propagator, a blue enamel-camping bowl, a pack of Alpen breakfast bars a tin of chestnuts and some Opi nail polish. Plenty more 99p adventures to come

Comments