Kale Salad 



I feel like this is my discovery but sadly it isn't. I discovered Kale Salad a couple of months ago, Oliver  Perron from @Boxedvegtvlasked me to come up with a Supper-Club style menu with a high content of  seasonal veg. I needed to find something that used Calvo Nero. This is when I came across this amazing recipe for kale salad. 

The recipe I used comes from a really innovative food truck in Boston called http://meimeiboston.com/
I have only ever been there by browsing online. The week I discovered the recipe the much revered Yotam Ottlenghi was in Boston and tried the salad, he loved it.  

Things I love about Kale salad.

  • You don't have to cook it! Just like the fish in ceviche cooks in lime juice, kale changes to an amazing soft texture when it marinates in lemon and olive oil 
  • Kale is Truly Madly Deeply good for you.
  • Kale Salad takes hardly any work. It's more like flower arranging than cooking.
  • Put it in a screw top jar carry it in your handbag and eat it on a park bench and it will bring you joy. 



For the recipe for my favorite Kale Salad go here. I love how it is written in Haiku.http://meimeiboston.com/2012/12/17/winter-a-quick-chat-about-local-food-our-magical-kale-salad-recipe/  by the way evo means extra virgin olive oil

To have a little look at the food I cooked for boxed vegtv.








Comments